Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A whole new ballgame

You know, when you have a little guy playing tball, you do worry about them getting hit by a ball, but it's a different kind of worry. It's one of those things, you know they will get hit, you pick them up, dust them off and get them back out there.

Today, I watched He-man pitch (which he did rather well, if I may say so) and it's a whole new ballgame when the ball is pitched between 70 and 80 miles an hour, and it gets hit back straight at the pitcher. I think my heart skipped a few beats. It's very different when it's a boy/man hitting that ball too. He-man's got great eye hand coordination (video games) but even he was jumping a little on this one. His catcher was teasing him about why didn't he get it. A couple minutes later, there was one hit back at him with a little less heat that he fielded and got an out.

He's been playing baseball for like 12 years now, I think! Good times!

No comments: