Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Patience is a virtue

And for those know me and know me well, I am trying hard to learn patience.


I was at a new JCPenney store today, it just opened yesterday. I got a couple things and away to the checkout I went. Little did I know, they only have 3 checkout stations in this whole big new store. Each checkout has 4 stations, so 12 stations all together. I get to the line at the front of the store where I had parked. There had to have been about 20 people in line. People were getting kind of anxious and unhappy.

What looked like a manager came by and told us all that there were other lines. I ended up going to another line. The whole process was about 20 minutes, I think.

It was finally my turn, and I realized that in that time, I had somewhere dropped one of the shirts I had picked up. UGGGGGH. If I got out of line to go get it, I would have to wait all over. If I went to grab one, I would make all those people wait on me. I could just do without it.

I went ahead and checked out. I then decided that I did want that particular shirt. I went back to get it, and when I got back, I went to the shorter line. I struck up a conversation with an elderly woman behind me. She was very sweet. When I noticed the line wasn't moving, I decided to move over to the other one.

She followed me, and we continued talking. A friend who was with her began talking about a coupon. I really didn't know what they were talking about, but before I knew it, they were handing me this coupon. They had 2 and were not going to use it. It was $10 off a purchase of at least $10.

So for all my waiting and issues at the store, it turned out to be worth the wait. I got a free shirt that I would not otherwise have gotten!

No comments: