Thursday, March 6, 2008

Help!

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but this old dog is trying hard to learn new tricks!

My new years resolution was to take some type of art class. I would love to learn how to paint a landscape. All the art classes I have taken in my lifetime (very few) I wish I could take now.

My problem? I am too much of a perfectionist. If I mess up, I scrap it and start over. I have learned in the last few years actually that I don't have to do anything perfect. If I do the best I can, anything I do will be original, and it will be mine.

I took Suzi to a ceramics studio today. She was sooooo excited. She picked her piece and colors of paint, etc. (Granny has a surprise coming!)

She was just exactly like me. She was worried about not having straight lines, etc. I kept telling her, just paint it the way you like it. Don't worry about it.

Then, of course, I was trying to paint a thin line on mine, and the brush had a stray hair sticking out. RRRRRRRRRRRRR

I thought about what I am trying to learn though. I rolled with it. Gotta set a good example for my pup!

No comments: