Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm a bird nut!

And even though they ARE raptors, I still like these things. This is a webcam for peregrine falcons.

I read up on raptors after Jack was picked up by something. While they scare me in that they can pick up my little dog, they also fascinated me.

When we lived in the hills, Suzi would run home as fast as she could if she saw hawks flying near our house. She would run in saying, MAKE SURE JACK IS IN! She would be soooo worried.

So far, at this house, I haven't seen the big birds flying, but I am hearing the American Kestrel which is a smaller type falcon. I don't think they are big enough to pick up Jack, but they do a nasty thing to pigeons!

http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/falcon/

There is also a live webcam on this site. Two eggs already!

No comments: