Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm a country girl!


There are no two ways about it.

We took the scenic route home last night from some friends' house. It took us along the Sacramento River on some levee roads. We meandered through some small towns with some older homes. It was just beautiful. Sometimes I think California could possibly have been the Garden of Eden.

This is the sunset we watched as we drove. The picture doesn't do it justice at all. It was like a huge fireball dropping below the mountains. As it sat, the sky became bluer and the water mirrored the blue. There was just this phenomenal orange line on top of the mountains. I really was in awe.

I am not sure what kind of trees we passed, apple, pear, peach, cherry, almond, and for all I know, it could have been all of the above.

I definitely want to go take a ride through there in the fall. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: