Thursday, March 27, 2008

Paying it forward

Whenever I go to a restaurant and get good service, I ALWAYS will either ask to speak to a manager, leave a comment card or will call back and speak to a manager. I figure they always get to hear when someone does a bad job, but not always on the good jobs. Plus, I think if someone is doing a good job, they should be commended.

Today, I went to In & Out, a burger joint here in California. They were extremely busy, and it took a few minutes to get our food. But the entire time we waited for our food, every single person was busting their butt. So our wait wasn't because of any person being slow or not doing their job.

Then, once I got my food, I was watching and saw people come out from the back, clean tables, sweep floors, open blinds once the sun went down, filling catsup containers. It really reminded me of the Visa commercial where someone wants to write a check and everybody just stops. They were like bees buzzing around in there.

So I was quite impressed. Very clean and everybody was doing their jobs.

Now, mind you. Every time I ask to speak to a manager, you can tell they get nervous like, uh oh, what did I do. I asked to speak to the manager and informed him of what I was witnessing.

Fast forward. I get home and am talking to The Studmuffin.

He said, guess what. My boss called today. He said one of my dealers called him. Haha, I too said, oh, no! What happened!

He said the dealer could not say enough good things about him. The boss said that the dealer thinks Hubby walks on water. Another awesome thing. The boss was with the zone vice president. He conveyed what the phone call was about.

A good friend the other day called this "paying it forward." I would do what I do regardless, but it sure is nice to come full circle in the same day!

No comments: