Friday, August 22, 2008

Terrible Mom

Here I was thinking I was being a good mom.

He-man got up today and told me it was going to be a waste of a school day today. I asked, why?
He said that the seniors were going on a trip today for 3 hours to a water park in a nearby city.

I asked him why he didn't go. He said because he WORKS at a water park. Good answer :)

Anyway, he also didn't want to pay 60 bucks to do so.

So me, being the understanding (terrible) mother that I am, tell him that it's ok with me if he skips school today.

He said, naaaah. I'll just go.

He just came home.....early.

His first period class, he was one of three. His second period was a mixture of grades, so it was down, but not quite as bad. Third period....he was the only one there. His English class. The class that isn't quite his strong suit. The teacher asked why he didn't stay home. Anyway, as a reward....he got to finish up an assignment, go home early AND 20 bonus points in English. Wooo hooo

Sooooo, if he had listened to his mother and stayed at home, he would have missed out on the bonus points.

He said, see, mom!! I have it handled!! What a good kid I have!

No comments: