Saturday, August 2, 2008

For better or worse

The Hubby and I went on a date tonight. I know this will shock those who know him, but he sat and ate for a good half hour after I was finished.

So on our way home, we happened to see them picking the tomatoes this late at night. They have lights on those machines! So our conversation progressed into how the machine doesn't smash the tomatoes. I think they are roma tomatoes, and so I wondered how they pick say a Big Boy tomato without smashing it. Studmuffin said they are altering the DNA on everything!

He said pork isn't as fatty as it used to be. They are feeding them now -- and I cut him off and said, OHHH they're feeding them now? (maybe you had to be there, but it was funny at the time)

He said, yep, pot bellied pigs, you don't see them fat anymore. He said they are altering them.

I said, well, shoot. How do I get some of that? I can be genetically altered and get rid of my belly? He said he loves my belly! I said, oh, really?

He said, I married you for better or for worse.

I said, well, you didn't know the worse was coming THIS SOON :) He didn't have a comeback for that one!

No comments: