Thursday, August 21, 2008

Guess what I finally got!

Shirley, I finally got them! I remembered my camera today. I have been watching these guys for WEEKS!

Notice the little squirrel in the background on this?



These are called burrowing owls. They live near the ground squirrels because they take over the tunnels and holes that the squirrels dig. I haven't seen them out during broad daylight like this. Normally it's of an evening.



Normally there are 4 or 5 of them.


I don't know if the babies grow up and fly away or if they stick around.

Check out those eyes!! The pics in the blog are small, but if you click on them, you can really see their eyes.

1 comment:

Mailia's Mom said...

They are soooo cool!!! I'd never even heard of burrowing owls. What do you think they eat, mice maybe?
Totally cool. I've never seen an owl of any kind that close before (except at zoos, etc.) You did a great job getting the pics.
S.