Thursday, August 21, 2008

Little things make me happy!

If you could only know how many crayons, markers, colored pencils, paints, scissors, paper, etc I have bought since George Porge was born, you would swear I own stock in Crayola.

He asked me one year on his birthday, why do you always buy me art stuff? Well, it was because we knew from a very young age that he had the patience of Job (like Studmuffin....very unlike me :D) And that he was very creative and would sit and color for HOURS. Actually, Suzi is very much the same way. I repeat.....they did not get this from me. Studmuffin gets all the credit on that one!!

So this year, my little George is in an art class (did I mention he's a big freshman now?)

He snuck a picture home for me to see the other day.....I almost snuck and framed it and didn't give it back. I didn't think to take a picture of it before he took it back. I guess it will come home one of these days though.

He is promising me that he is doing a fantastic rose for me. I can't wait!!

This was his homework last night. I thought it was excessive work for one night (and that may just be what he is telling me.....I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday)

But can I just tell you.....I would LOVE to be able to do this!!! If he will keep making pictures.....I will have framed art all over my walls before too long!


This was what they are supposed to draw.




This is George's version.


Not too shabby for his first art class, huh?



Little things! I am such a proud and happy mom!!

No comments: