Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hey, New Girl!

When I moved to Florida when I was 13.....yeah, great time for a girl to move away from the only state she had ever known....I started at a middle school and was scared to death. When I went with my mom to register, a girl in the office said to a guy in the office....look what just walked in. Well, I to this day have no idea what she meant by it, but it was very traumatic. I really hated it there.

I went all day without really making any friends. I knew the girl who lived next door to me, but she was in a different grade and really had a clique of friends. Anyway, I had PE my last period of the day. I remember our teacher was going to talk to us, so we were all sitting in the locker room waiting. I hear this, "Hey! New girl! Come here!"

Who me??? hahaha

And from there, we became very good friends. From there, our parents became good friends. There was lots of golf played between our dads. Liz was in my wedding, and I babysat for her son when I was preggo with Suzi.

I found out today that her dad passed away suddenly.

It really doesn't seem possible. It seems like yesterday that we met. Our parents are not supposed to be passing on...

Rest in Peace, David.

No comments: