Saturday, May 31, 2008

Learn something new every day


I learned a new word yesterday.

I also learned that I am very thankful I am not Filipino. Part Mexican? I can see the possibility.

My friend Sally talked about some friends of hers at work that brought in their "delicacy" during lunch time.

Now, mind you, tonight I couldn't remember what the word was. But I googled Filipino and boiled egg, and darn sure enough, it popped up.

I am going to spare you the pictures I found. Frankly, my stomach is thinking about ejecting its contents at the moment after seeing them.

But if you're feeling pretty spunky and want to learn something possibly new (at least it was to me) look up the word BALUT.

But I'll warn you. It's probably not like any other "delicacy" you have ever seen before.

No comments: