Friday, May 16, 2008

The boy does not have a poker face!

My little baby boy a.k.a. my bodyguard, is enrolled in a class that started last night, and it is lifeguard training. It's a pretty rigid schedule for him the next few days. He goes again today from 5-9, and then on Saturday and Sunday, he goes from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

You know how my boy feels about "school" or maybe it's just the homework he doesn't like. Thank GOD there is no homework for this!

BUT he walked in, and without saying a word, all of a sudden, there's that pretty, white, non-crooked smile. Not before, of course, those dimples caved way in. What does that mean? I think he liked it!

His first words were, it's a darn good thing I can swim. To which my reply was, yep, He-man, usually, being able to swim is a prerequisite for being a lifeguard :)

He had to swim 20 laps, which proved a little tiring for Mr. Athletic. He had to dive 13 feet and retreive a brick. And then he had to tread water for I think two minutes without using his hands. He said he did all 3, but that 20 lap thing.....PHEW!

I hope he does pretty good with this lifeguard thing. I really don't think he will ever be cut out to be a poker player!

No comments: