Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bay Bridge


Sorry this is kind of a fuzzy picture. I think you will get the gist though. This is the lower deck of the bay bridge. Yes, the traffic was abnormally light. The reason I took this picture was the thought of being on there during an earthquake. I know parts of this bridge had collapsed in the Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989.

It made me think about the bridge that collapsed in I believe Minnesota, the twin towers that fell in New York, the earthquake in China where thousands of children were buried in their own schools. It was very humbling.

My aunt was driving home last night in Indianapolis when a tornado picked her car up, spun her around and dropped her in a parking lot. She had been stopped at a stop light.

You never know how long you'll be here. Live each day to the fullest!

No comments: