Sunday, May 11, 2008

Heads up!

Have you ever wondered why they say that when a foul ball is anywhere but inside the confines of the field for which it's intended?

Shouldn't it be like, heads down?

George Porge sure thinks so. I'll save you the picture of the indention the laces left on the side of his nose close to his eye. This is a boy who grew up in ball fields. Either he was playing (he was so darn good and I wish he was still playing) or his brother was playing. So he knows what heads up means.

Well, he was watching his girlfriend's softball game yesterday....or should I say he was text messaging at his girlfriend's softball game yesterday :)

The crowd yelled "HEADS UP" and George raised his head up! SMACK! right in the nose. He was bloody and has a nice lace print on the side of his nose.

I have a little guilt because of my initial thoughts. It's really a sick thing. I thought, well, thank GOODNESS it didn't hit your teeth!!! Let it hit him ANYWHERE but there :)


No comments: