Saturday, June 28, 2008

Heidi Ho, Neighbor!


Above is a picture of the gaping hole in the ceiling in the kitchen. It was a bigger than your normal light fixture hole, so we have been trying to figure out what to do with it. I have been looking at a light for about 2 months now that I wanted to go over this island. When I first started looking, it was $200. I went to Home Depot the other day and lo and behold, it was on sale for $99. Bargain, I thought!

I got it to the checkout and it rang up for $79.99. We still really had this issue of what to do because of that huge hole though. I had looked at medallions to go around the base plate. It just so happened, this plate is oval shaped. I looked and looked and looked. I found some things online, but they were SOO expensive. So my McGiver and I went to work!

Isn't he so cute when he's working? Yeah, I know, he's cute no matter what! So the person he calls Heidi (think Tool Time) came up with a brilliant idea. I thought, let's go look at Michael's and see if they have a piece of wood that is oval shaped. I found a piece of wood that was a whole 2 bucks! Yipppeee! A can of spray paint as close to the color as we could get was 6 bucks. Studmuffin was pretty happy with this bargain!

Below is the finished product.

Photobucket

There are two lights connected. I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Hubby is so funny. When I would hand him a tool or whatever, he would say, Thank you, Heidi! I think he and I SHOULD have our own home improvement show. It would be funny to say the least. It might not be suitable for children though :)

No comments: