Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My daughter inspires me

And at least one day she can read this and know she does.

I took her to her cheer thing last night. It is a week long and they learn what they need to know for tryouts. When we first got there, she kept saying how nervous she was and that she didn't know anybody. I told her she would be fine.

They took the girls and went over rules, etc. and then told them to go to their groups. Well, she didn't know her group and I didn't know her group. I had to go to the parent meeting for all this so I told her to just ask. I could see a little bit of tears swelling in her eyes. I told her it would be okay and to just ask someone.

They showed everybody the dance and cheer they would be learning, and there must be at least 80 girls there. My jaw probably dropped. I thought OMG can she DO that???

I went to the parent meeting and occasionally glanced back over to make sure she wasn't coming to get me to say "let's go home."

I got back over there and that girl was rockin and rollin!! She was having a ball. At their break time, she brought a couple girls over and introduced them as her new "friends."

Me? I would have seen that dance and packed up and gone home. I really don't doubt that. So if my daughter can make the most of a situation, be nervous as can be, stick it out and put her all into it, so can I.

Which leads to my next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you mg, i couldn't get up in front of a bunch of people and do anything. Good Luck to Suzi, i hopes she makes it, i thought 32 was alot when Kaitlyn came home and told me thats how many was going out but 80 OMG i would die.