Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Rehab Might Be In My Future

Being the junkie that I am, I am always looking for great new combos to feed the addiction.

As some may or may not know, even though I am a junkie, I am going to the gym and getting healthy.

Well, part of that getting healthy is cutting out eating certain things, but DANG, do you know how much sodium is in the things you eat?

My happy little body likes to hold water, so I have been trying to watch that salt thing.

Well, therein lies my dilemma. While I did start just putting salsa on everything so that I could eat it, and avoid the chips (lots of sodium), it still just isn't enough. Forget chocolate. Salsa is my new addiction!

Even mango salsa (if you haven't tried it, you should!) I had it at a restaurant with rice, chicken and mango salsa.

We trekked to the other side of the mountain yesterday, so it was the perfect opportunity to raid Whole Foods and stock up on mango salsa and regular salsa.

3 out of 5 of us are still recovering from our cold/arabian bird flue that hubby called it :) So last night was kind of a fend for yourself and grab whatever leftovers you can.

I opened that fridge and there it was.....my stash :)

I didn't feel like making the chicken, but I did go ahead and make rice. Delish. I could have eaten the whole tub. I refrained though.

I did, however, learn that rice and mango salsa with no chicken is VERY YUMMY.

So, my mind went to work. I have figured out that I will probably like just plain rice with regular salsa over top of it too.

My question is, do you think my California surroundings are creating this phenomenon? Just plain white rice (Asian) and salsa (Mexican).

Oh, probably not! I'm just weird!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a support group for salsa addicts? If so, you need to join! We're here for you!

Anonymous said...

My whole family will be in rehab with you. We are salsa addicts as well!!

Try it on a baked potato.

(I guess I am not helping you with you addiction!!)