Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Deja Vu

The thing about marrying your high school sweetheart is that when one of your children does something goofy, and it's just like something your sweetheart used to do, it makes you remember your youth. (okay, it usually makes you laugh too)

George Porge was always the odd man out. The other two look just like hubby. George on the other hand looks like my side of the family. The other two are ginormous, and he's average sized. While my mother didn't want to claim He-man as "our baby" because he was a month early, yet he was soooooo big, Hubby's grandmother didn't want to claim George because "where did he get that blonde hair?"

Well, George never ceases to amaze me, and he always reminds me that he is Hubby's mini me.

I am trying to make sure these teeth are good and clean with the braces on, and it's a little more difficult with George. While I am up there, the boy is flexing every muscle he can in the mirror, WHILE I am trying to floss his teeth.

He tells me, I have to do this every morning before I get in the shower. I said, what? He said make sure I look good.

It will be 22 years ago this year that I remember My Studmuffin walking around flexing his muscles. He was about as big as George. Somewhere I have a picture of George and Hubby standing by the pool, both flexing their muscles. I think George was about 3.


AAAAAAAAAAH, Good times!

No comments: