Sunday, February 17, 2008

National Sales Conference.


I have to admit, when I heard that this year's NSC was in San Francisco, I had very mixed feelings. While I was estatic that I did not have to do the cross-country flight to Florida, I was kind of disappointed that we had to stay in "the city." I'm just not a city kinda girl.

The first 2 days we were there, we had activities non stop. We had to do all the visiting and dinners and all that stuff. There was a huge gala, and everybody looked awesome. I still was a little blah about being there.

Thursday afternoon, we took some friends on a tour since they had not been here, and we were lucky enough to have our own car. We got some beautiful pics of the Golden Gate and the city behind us.

Friday, everything changed. My Studmuffin went golfing and left me on my own. Not that I was happy to be without him, it just gave me a little down time. I got up and had to walk to get a phone charger. I HAD to get out there. I passed a very nice little photography shop, and I went in there and browsed the beautiful pictures.

The girl I work for, her office ended up being not even a city block from the cell phone store. I located that because we had a lunch date later that day. I went back, charged my cell phone, and away I went. It was a very beautiful day. Had lunch with Teri at her office (which I had never been to. Worked for her now since about 2000, I think.)

From there, I went in a few more stores and then the good part, my massage :)

I won't go into that, because I could write a magazine article on the good that the massage did me!

Hubby was back from golf after my massage, and we hurried and tried to get sunset pics. Of course, the bay didn't quite cooperate with us. The fog had rolled in, so our pics weren't too good.

Funny thing, we had to go back down to that same area one hour later for dinner. It was perfectly clear then!

I did find out why it was meant to be that way, though. Saturday, we decided that since we didn't have to be anywhere and the kids were happy, we could just play around in the city all day.

I think I took about 200 pictures yesterday. I got better sunset pics than I would have the day before, so it was all fate. We went with some friends to Alamo Square and to the Golden Gate Park.

I was absolutely in awe when I drove away from there. I can't wait to have visitors to take over there to show them around. My father in law is coming in a couple weeks or so. I know all the good places to go now :)

No comments: