Saturday, September 15, 2007

Boys will be boys

And moms will be moms.

My little baby boy (16) who hasn't ventured very far from the nest too often, got up and asked to go to the mall with his newly licensed friend (whom I like very well). Well, being the mother hen that I am, I went to the car and gave them both strict instructions. Baby boy was not buckled, so of course I reminded him.

Shhhhh. I snuck in and looked out the window to watch them drive off. I was worried/wondering if he only buckled because I reminded him. Next thing I knew he was unbuckling. AAAAAAAA

He was coming back inside. Phewwww.

I scurried and made myself busy. He came in, got what he needed and out to the car he went. I perched myself back in the window. He got back in the car and IMMEDIATELY buckled.

I am so proud of such little things. It does a momma bird proud to see her baby fly right. :)

No comments: