Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I know when she grows up, she will want to remember this.....

When I was younger and prank called people,

there was no caller ID. Therefore, nobody came to my parents' door and asked them to kindly have me stop prank calling them.

Does my daughter KNOW what caller ID is? Sure, she does. Is she smart enough to realize that if she pranks someone 40 times, that they WILL do something about it? Apparently NOT :)

So she's at her friend's house yesterday. I come home from working, and there is a family van blocking my driveway. After they gave me access to my own driveway, they proceeded to tell me about my delinquent daughter.

I guess the last time she called them, they let her know that they were going to come talk to me.

They left, and I called her telling her I was coming to get her. She opens the door and EMPHATICALLY says, I SWEAR I wasn't prank calling people. HAHAHHAHAHAHA

She's not a very good liar! Needless to say, she didn't have a very fun night last night. She wrote a bazillion sentences about not lying to mom. I asked her something later in the night, and followed it up with, "are you sure?"

She said, "YES, MOM, I don't want to write ANY MORE SENTENCES."

Lessons learned!

No comments: