Monday, December 8, 2008

#1 out of 20 something schools!



These boys kicked butt on Saturday! As you can see, my baby boy is no longer the biggest one on the team. He weighed in at 213 on Saturday.

He got up at 4:30 in the morning to get to the school by 5. His first match was at roughly 10ish. He lost that one. Poor kid didn't wrestle again until about 2:30. In fact, he was calling me, begging me to come get him. I told him he needed to stay there for his team. We were way across town at his brother's tournament. As it turned out, he wrestled 4 more times. 3 he pinned, and the last guy, they were tangled up when they dropped to the floor, and the opponent's leg went the opposite way it should have. We don't know if it was broken or what, but he couldn't finish. So that was 24 points contributed by He-man for his team.

Those who were still there at the end of the day (10 pm) were shocked and surprised by the fact that out of 22 at least schools, we aren't sure exactly how many, that Liberty won 1st place. That's pretty darn good if you ask me!



I am currently looking for some videos that I can post that I am not hollering or jumping around with the camera. I tend to get a major adrenaline rush when the kids are wrestling. It is amplified a ton now that George is doing it too. I never really worried about He-man getting hurt, just that he would hurt somebody. George on the other hand, he's still my baby!! Although, I have to say, the kid can hold his own. He's been wrestling all of about 4 weeks or so and already has about 6 pins. WOOOO HOOO!

No comments: