Thursday, December 18, 2008

The best Christmas!

The internet is really a powerful instrument when it comes to friendships. I have met many people who have made a difference in my life in some way or another.

Most who know me know that I would do anything to help someone, friend or no friend. It's just the way I am. I believe in the whole golden rule thing and treating others the way you want to be treated.

I met an incredible woman on the internet who I have seen really go through hell and back. Through it all, she stands tough, and she always gets through it. We kind of want to laugh and cry at the same time when we chant "this too shall pass."

This awesome lady is a grandma, and she stepped in to give her grandchildren a stable life when their mother decided that drugs were more important to her than her children. So she has kids my own childrens' ages, plus one younger one. I honestly don't know how she does it!!

Her dear husband went into the hospital a couple of weeks ago. He ended up needing a pacemaker, and then from there had a stroke. It's just not been a good few weeks.

I have a group of friends that I hang out with on the internet. It's an amazing group that is very supportive and as much as we're all so different, we all have the same kind of nurturing spirits.

I knew I could get this group rallied together to help this family. I knew it would be rewarding, but I had no idea just how rewarding!

I called on my friends to help me out, we have all done our parts, and gifts are pouring in from all over the globe for these wonderful people. She had to make 2 trips to her car at the post office today! A friend in her town (who has cancer) brought groceries to them yesterday. The Christmas spirit is alive and well!

I can't even begin to tell you what a wonderful feeling it is, not only to get this project off the ground, but to be a part of it.....there is nothing better!

To me, this is what Christmas is all about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I'm really crying. Not because of the generosity and love shown by total stranger around the globe, but by the woman who single handedly brought that generosity together.
I am so very proud to call you my friend.

The Cool Breezes said...

I am like Jules I am very proud to call you not only my friend but my Guardian Angel. I will never forget this NEVER! You and the team did a wonderful job giveing my family a Christmas that's unreal. Thank You Girl!.......breeze

Ronni said...

Amen, Sister!