Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm sheltered

I am very sheltered. Yesterday, I left my little town that won't see rain until November, where the sun was shining beautifully, the temp was a nice 76 degrees. As we made our way through some of the Sierra Nevadas, I was shocked at seeing CLOUDS! I thought, uh-oh. I didn't bring a jacket. I dressed for sunshine, thinking I might come back looking like I had been on a vacation for longer than one day. It wasn't meant to be.

Luckily, my dear hubby had thrown a rain coat in the trunk of his car, probably back last winter sometime. It came in very handy. I even saw lightning last night. I don't think I have seen any in two years!

Also, this morning, evidently something was able to move the hotel we were in, because I was jumping out of bed insisting we had just had an earthquake. Nope! The western way of life in the United States is quite different from the east!

This is at Eagle Falls at Emerald Lake at Lake Tahoe.




No comments: